Would you like to earn a free three-day ticket to the Grand Rapids Comic-Con? We always need some help with parades and would be willing to give you a free ticket as payment for your time!
For each of the parades we would need you to be able to do the following:
- Be able to walk the entire parade route in sometimes unusually hot heat
- Pass out cards quickly and be able to keep up with our parade float
- Smile and have a good time!
The dates for parades for 2019 are the following; all parades are in the late morning unless specified otherwise:
- June 8th – Curwood Heritage Festival in Owosso
- June 15th – Summer Celebration in Rockford
- July 4th – Independence Day Parade in Grandville
- July 4th – Independence day parade in Hopkins (late afternoon)
- July 27th – Coast Guard Kids Parade in Grand Haven
- August 10th – Mint Festival in St. Johns
We will need you to show up about 30-45 minutes before the parade starts and make it through the parade. Will take about three hours from beginning to end, will be on your feet the entire time. Wear shoes that you would wear on a hike and wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather. Cosplay is OK as long as it is easy to walk in and has no hand props as you will need your hands for passing out cards. Bring a bag with a shoulder strap if you can. Must be 18 or older.
You can sign up for each individual parade here.
If you have special needs that would not allow you to complete the physical requirements for this opportunity we do have another time where you can earn a complimentary three-day ticket to the Grand Rapids Comic-Con.
On Sunday, November 3, there will be a day where we will need a group of people to help stuff bags with flyers and other materials. This is a job where one sits at a table most of the time and should be able to be completed by most everybody.
Information is coming soon.