To apply for each position listed below please send the following to email@example.com:
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae in a Word doc or .pdf format.
- A list of references in a Word doc or .pdf format
- A list of events one has worked with along with references associated with event in a Word doc or .pdf format
- Willingness to sign a contract and a non-disclosure agreement with West Michigan Convention Ventures LLC if contracted
- Willingness to go through a drug screen, criminal background check, and general background check if requested
Person applying must have own cell phone, transportation, and internet access. No mailed resumes will be accepted. Must be able to verify that you are legally able to work within the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer, and West Michigan Convention Ventures LLC does not discriminate against any employee or contracted service on the basis of race, creed, age, handicap, sex, religious affiliation, national origin, or sexual orientation.
REPORTS TO: Event Director
- Pick, pack, and ship all ebay and convention orders.
- Prep raw items for ebay listings, including cleaning, grading, archiving, and labeling.
- List items on ebay.
- Keep up on the convention’s store items online.
- Pick, pack, and ship any online orders for convention.
- Prepare vehicles for travel to other conventions including packing inventory.
- Storage of listed items so they can be found easily.
- Inventorying of mailing and archival supplies and informing Event Director when it is time to reorder products.
- Working event booths the entire weekend of Grand Rapids Comic-Con events including set-up and teardown.
- General cleaning and maintenance as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by Event Director as needed.
- Must be able to report to work on a regular basis to our warehouse in Hopkins, Michigan.
- Schedule can be written by applicant but must be able to keep it consistent.
- Work is primarily Sunday through Thursday. With the exception of weekends of a Grand Rapids Comic-Con event, Friday and Saturday work will be rare.
- No experience necessary. Under 18 OK.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have good handwriting.
- Must be tolerant of three friendly cats and a physically challenged adult.
Pay: $12/hour to start
Interested parties can send their resume or a filled out application to Mark Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “application” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer.