Cosplay Photo Contest
The Cosplay Photo Contest is meant for people to showcase their favorite picture of their favorite costume and even earn prizes doing so.
The winner will receive $200 cash and a 3-day badge for Grand Rapids Comic Con 2014 (if one was already bought, it will be reimbursed) and two passes for Grand Rapids Comic Con 2015. Winner must be at Grand Rapids Comic Con on Saturday at the time of the costume contest to come on stage to receive their prize package. Winner does not have to be in costume at the show to receive their prize.
Here are the guidelines:
- Any family friendly costume is eligible for this contest.
- Pictures and costumes must be family friendly to be eligible for entry. If we deem the picture inappropriate, it will be withheld from posting in the Contest Facebook Album for voting.
- If you enter a costume into the Cosplay Photo Contest, that same costume is not eligible for entry into the costume contest at this year’s Grand Rapids Comic Con. However costumes that have been entered in previous years, even winners of other contests are eligible for entry into the cosplay photo contest. Winners of the 2014 Online Cosplay Contest will be ineligible from entering their costume into future contests related to Grand Rapids Comic Con until after the 2015 event.
- Each person can enter one (1) photo of one (1) person in one (1) costume. If you submit more than one (1) photo, we will post the first picture you send in.
- The picture as a whole will be judged, not just the costume, so take your pose and scenery into consideration.
- Photos must be unedited.
- If there is a tie for the winner, the Grand Rapids Comic Con staff reserve the right to break the tie.
- In general photos should be no less than 800 and no more than 2,000 pixels wide.
- We can only accept 1,000 entries first come, first served.
- Your first name/cosplay handle and city will appear with the photos.
- Have fun!
People have between October 27th and November 6th to send in their entries to CosplayPhotoContest@grcomiccon.com
All photos will be posted in a Facebook album on November 7th at noon.
People will have from 12:00 pm at November 7th to 11:59pm on November 9th to vote on the entries using Facebook likes. The top voted picture will win. The winner will be notified and asked to come up on stage to receive their prize at the Saturday Costume Contest at Grand Rapids Comic Con.