November 2021 show
CONTACT: Jennifer Hodges at email@example.com
Exhibitor check-in/load in times and locations: Vendor Check-in will be located just inside loading dock door B. Please see map for load in door locations!
- Thursday November 11 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday November 12, from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
- In your check in packet:
- an application to sign up for the April 8 – 10, 2022 Grand Rapids Comic Con
- application to keep your same booth for November 11-13, 2022
- Tax Form
Link to MI Concessionaire’s Sales Tax form: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/taxes/5089_711459_7.pdf
- Address & Parking/Directions:
- DeVos Place 303 Monroe Ave NW Grand Rapids, Mi 49503
Parking available in parking ramps under DeVos Place and across the street from DeVos Place. https://www.devosplace.org/p/attend/hours-directions
Access to the parking lot under DeVos Place is on Michigan Street and Lyon Street. Please note you can no longer access the underground parking garage if you are heading West on Michigan Street. No left hand turns are permitted due to a semi-permanent concrete berm installed for a new crosswalk.
*The DeVos Place parking ramp will be closed overnight each night between 11PM – 5 AM beginning Thursday, February 18, 2021. Those needing to exit or enter the ramp during the overnight period should contact the DeVos Place security office at 616-742-6640 and security personnel will open the gate as needed.
Additional parking may be available in the City-County Building on Monroe Avenue (across from DeVos Place) or several other parking structures within walking distance.
Vehicles that are too large to fit in a parking structure may be given a permit to park on Scribner Avenue during the dates of the event. Parking on Scribner is available on a first come, first served basis.
Parking facilities at DeVos Place are managed by the City of Grand Rapids.
Service Order Forms: Electric, decorations, internet, etc. may be ordered here:
A limited number of hand carts are available for use. First come, first served.
- Hotels: You can find information about hotels to stay at here: https://www.grcomiccon.com/hotels-devos/
- Food/Restaurants: https://www.grcomiccon.com/food-devos/
Vending Hall hours:
- Friday – November 12: 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday – November 13: 9:30(VIP)/10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Sunday – November 14: 9:30(VIP)/10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Exhibitor Breakdown: will begin at 5:01 PM on Sunday, August 15. According to the terms of your contract: Dealer agrees not to break down his/her table and/or display before the conclusion of the show without permission of the promoters (violation will result in the loss of exhibit space at future shows). Vehicles will not be allowed in the building. Vendors must be completely loaded out by 10:00 PM Sunday.
Extra Vendor Badges: If you need to purchase extra vendor/artist alley badges ($55.00 each) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your company name, how many, and what email address to send the PayPal invoice to. Reminder: each purchased booth includes 2 vendor badges. Extra vendor badges may be purchased at load in as well.
1. Exhibit Space: You may set up your area however you would like, but you must remain within that area. Do not push or move any other (i.e. wire comic racks) into the aisles or move any other tables other than your own. The size of the aisles is set to specifications from the Fire Marshall and may not be changed or infringed upon. Do not remove anything from other booths!
2. Additional Equipment: Each standard vendor booth comes equipped with one eight-foot table, two chairs. If you need electricity, extra tables, chairs, etc. you will need to pay for it. They can be ordered here: https://www.grcomiccon.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/exhibitor-kit-DeVos-Place.pdf You may bring your own extra tables/chairs.
3. Security: Bonded security guards will be on hand 24 hours a day from Thursday evening to Sunday evening. We will do everything possible to ensure the security of your merchandise but wish to remind you that Grand Rapids Comic-Con, West Michigan Convention Ventures, LCC and the DeVos Place are not responsible for loss or damage. Should you catch a shoplifter, please bring them to the registration area or contact a convention staff member or security member immediately.
4. Tobacco Free: DeVos Place is a smoke and tobacco-free environment. Please do not smoke in the facility. Smoking cannot occur within 10 feet from any entrance or in the parking structure. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping.
5. Sales Tax: You are responsible for collecting 6% Michigan State Sales Tax. A Concessionaire’s Sales Tax Form will be included in your check-in packet. If you do not have a valid State of Michigan Sales Tax License (a tax license from any other state is not valid in Michigan) you must fill out and return this form to the state within three days after the convention. The state may ask for a list of vendors and can assess taxes to you if this from is not returned. The State of Michigan does not require you to obtain a tax permit in advance of the event.
- April 8-10, 2022 at the DeltaPlex Arena
- November 11-13, 2022 at DeVos Place
To keep the same booths you have at the November 2021 show
- sign up weekend of show with application that is in your check in packet
- pay 50% down on your booth space for 2022
- Pay remainder due no later than April 15, 2021 for the November 2022 show.
Signing up for 2022: We will be accepting applications and payment at the vendor check in kiosk
- Thursday: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Sunday: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Thanks! We hope you have a great show and safe travels!