April 14 – 16, 2023 Grand Rapids Comic Con Spring Fling *Road Trip
at the Kalamazoo Co. Expo Center 2900 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
- No pipe and drape is available, we apologize for that.
- Parking will be free for vendors and attendees. Exhibitors will be directed to park in P West (Vendor parking).
- Trailer parking is available by the Grand Stand bleachers.
- Information on ordering electric, wi-fi, etc. coming soon.
November 3-5, 2023 Grand Rapids Comic Con
Parking is available in parking ramps under DeVos Place on Michigan St NW, and across the street from DeVos Place along Monroe Ave NW. https://www.devosplace.org/p/attend/hours-directions
Check-in / Load in hours:
- Vendor Check-in will be located just inside loading dock door B. Loading dock doors are located just past DeVos parking ramp on Michigan St. NW
- Thursday November 2, 2023 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday November 3, 2023 from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM *Dock doors will close at 11:00 am.
- If your vehicle is too large to fit in the parking structure: You may request a permit from a loading dock worker to park on Scribner Avenue during the dates of the event. Parking on Scribner is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Smaller vehicles: will likely be directed to the parking ramp to unload along Michigan Street or Lyon Street. A freight elevator is accessible via the underground parking ramp directly under DeVos Place.
Link to 2023 MI Concessionaire’s Sales Tax form: https://www.michigan.gov/taxes/-/media/Project/Websites/taxes/Forms/2023/2023-SUW/5089.pdf?rev=fb5fab1631a047cb8cc9c835903526af&hash=938931A9612632DEC7F0F39106D4F7AF
Service Order Forms: Electric, decorations, internet, etc. may be ordered here:
Electrical Order form: https://www.devosplace.org/f/18
Internet Access order form: https://www.devosplace.org/f/16
A limited number of hand carts are available for use. First come, first served.
- Hotels: You can find information about hotels to stay at here: https://www.grcomiccon.com/hotels-devos/ Discounted room rates usually end 30 days before show.
- Food/Restaurants: https://www.grcomiccon.com/food-devos/
Vending Hall hours:
- Friday – November 3: 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday – November 4: 9:30 (VIP) / 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Sunday – November 5: 9:30 (VIP) / 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
* Vendors will be able to enter before show at 8:30 am on Saturday and Sunday.
Exhibitor Breakdown: will begin at 5:01 PM on Sunday, November 5. According to the terms of your contract: Dealer agrees not to break down his/her table and/or display before the conclusion of the show without permission of the promoters (violation will result in the loss of exhibit space at future shows). Vehicles will not be allowed in the building. Vendors must be completely loaded out by 10:00 PM Sunday.
Extra Vendor Badges: If you need to purchase extra vendor/artist alley badges ($55.00 each) please email email@example.com and let me know your company name, how many, and what email address to send the PayPal invoice to. Reminder: each purchased booth includes 2 vendor badges. Extra vendor badges may be purchased at load in as well.
1. Exhibit Space: You may set up your area however you would like, but you must remain within that area. Do not push or move any other (i.e. wire comic racks) into the aisles or move any other tables other than your own. The size of the aisles is set to specifications from the Fire Marshall and may not be changed or infringed upon. Do not remove anything from other booths!
2. Additional Equipment: Each standard vendor booth comes equipped with one eight-foot table, two chairs. Each artist alley booth comes equipped with one six-foot table, two chairs. If you need electricity, extra tables, chairs, etc. you will need to pay for it. They can be ordered from Art Craft. You may bring your own extra tables/chairs.
3. Security: Bonded security guards will be on hand 24 hours a day from Thursday evening to Sunday evening. We will do everything possible to ensure the security of your merchandise but wish to remind you that Grand Rapids Comic-Con, West Michigan Convention Ventures, LCC and the DeVos Place are not responsible for loss or damage. Should you catch a shoplifter, please bring them to the registration area or contact a convention staff member or security member immediately.
4. Tobacco Free: DeVos Place is a smoke and tobacco-free environment. Please do not smoke in the facility. Smoking cannot occur within 10 feet from any entrance or in the parking structure. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping.
5. Sales Tax: You are responsible for collecting 6% Michigan State Sales Tax. A Concessionaire’s Sales Tax Form will be included in your check-in packet. If you do not have a valid State of Michigan Sales Tax License (a tax license from any other state is not valid in Michigan) you must fill out and return this form to the state within three days after the convention. The state may ask for a list of vendors and can assess taxes to you if this from is not returned. The State of Michigan does not require you to obtain a tax permit in advance of the event.
- April 14-16, 2023 at the Kalamazoo Co. Expo Center
- November 3-5, 2023 at DeVos Place
To keep the same booths you have at the November 2022 show
- sign up weekend of show with application that is in your check in packet
- pay 50% down on your booth space for 2023
- Pay remainder due no later than May 1, 2023 for the November 2023 show.
Signing up for 2024: We will be accepting applications and payment at the vendor check in kiosk
- Thursday: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Sunday: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Questions? Contact: Jennifer Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org We hope you have a great show and safe travels!