Star Wars Patch Contest
The Great Lakes Garrison in association with the Grand Rapids Comic-Con will be creating a commemorative embroidered patch to memorialize the Grand Rapids Comic-Con, which will be held on October 16-18, 2015, at the DeVos Place in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This patch will only be sold at the Grand Rapids Comic-Con and (if any are left) the official Star Wars forums, and will be limited to a few hundred. This patch will be an officially licensed LucasFilm collectible and will be highly sought after by Star Wars collectors. Copies of the patch will also be archived by LucasFilm as well as George Lucas’ private collection.
All sales monies from the patch minus the expenses to make the patch will be donated to Kitchen Sage, the official charity of the Grand Rapids Comic-Con. Neither the Great Lakes Garrison nor the Grand Rapids Comic-Con will receive any financial profit from this project.
The Great Lakes Garrison has requested the Grand Rapids Comic-Con to find an artist to do the artwork for this project. We are therefore holding an art contest open to any artist who wishes to enter a design for the honor of doing the design for this Star Wars and Grand Rapids Comic-Con collectible.
The rules for this contest are as follows:
- Any artist would be allowed to enter
- One entry per person
- The design has to be 3.5×5 inches, either horizontal or vertical; rounded designs OK
- The design can only use five colors total, one of which has to be traditional white
- The design must have a Star Wars character included but can also include characters from Disney, DC, and/or Marvel
- The design must have “Grand Rapids Comic-Con 2015” on it somewhere but does not have to use the corporate logo
- Artist has to turn in a camera-ready design in a jpeg format that could go to production tomorrow if required, no concept art will be accepted
- Artist understands that the final design will be approved by LucasFilm Inc., and design changes and/or redesign may be required by them. If that happens then the winning artist will do the re-design.
- Final design from each artist would have to be turned in by 11:59 pm EST on April 5, 2016
- A committee from the Grand Rapids Comic-Con will whittle down the entries to a final five, which will be turned over to the Great Lakes Garrison by April 8
- A committee from the Great Lakes Garrison will make a final decision and announce the winner by April 15
- Judges’ decisions are final
The winning artist will receive the following:
- Five copies of the finished embroidered patch
- A guaranteed, complimentary space in the Artist Alley at the Grand Rapids Comic-Con held on October 21-23, 2016, at the DeVos Place.
Interested artists may enter the Star Wars Patch Contest by emailing a final entry to firstname.lastname@example.org in the proper dimensions along with their name, address, and phone number. Please also include a link to your portfolio (Tumblr, Deviant Art, WordPress, website, etc.). Make sure to put the words “Star Wars Patch Contest” in the subject line of the email.